Thursday, July 24, 2008

Funny Story, Great Bonding

This is Katie with a funny Zac story.



Yesterday I was drying my hair in the bathroom and Jake comes into my bathroom laughing. Zac follows him in with a wet head. I said, "Boys, don't play in the water," thinking they had turned the water on in their bathroom and were making a mess.



They leave and due to my incredible parenting decided to keep playing in the water (Grrrr). A few minutes later they come back both laughing and this time Zac's head in drenched in water. I ask Jake, "Jake, is Zac playing in the water in the sink?" Jake says, "No, the toilet!" YUCK!

Needless to say, I didn't kiss him on the head a lot yesterday!

Speaking of kissing...this kid is so affectionate. Each morning I wake to kisses on my arm and a sweet snuggle. Throughout the day he loves to be held and often wants to pretend he is a baby. I sing to him and he just rests so sweetly in my arms listening. When I finish a song he often says, "More please." We have come so far from our beginning with Zac three months ago. He even wants more comfort from us when he is sad or in trouble. Before he tended to isolate himself and try to deal with it on his own. So much progress in such a short time! We are blessed.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Love this story. My mom says I tried to wash my hair in the toliet when I was about Zac's age.

I am glad he is doing well. Don't you love those hugs!

Jennifer C said...

Glad I got to witness some of that! We had such a good time with you guys! Hope you are enjoying the time with your family! Love you!

Linds said...

Great story! Brothers can have such a great time together. So glad we got to see you last week too!

Carey and Norman said...

I enjoyed catching up with your family today. I've been behind reading blogs with busy, summer days (after work). I enjoyed all your latest posts. It sounds like attachment is going so well for you! Congrats!