Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Life and stuff

So apparently, Katie has abandoned me.... speaking in a "blog" metaphorical sense, that is.

And now I'm left here all alone. Having to blog by myself. And it's already been a week since my last post.

I'm going to try really hard to get this thing going again. But I'm thinking that the theme needs to change. An "adoption blog" just doesn't seem to hit the point here anymore. I really can't emphasize enough how "normal" everything is with Zac. We certainly have our moments, but it's nothing close to what the adoption books were preparing us for. In fact, this past week, Zac has repeatly won the "best kid" award in our house.

NOTE: The "best kid" award is nothing more than Katie and I comparing notes at the end of the day after the kids are in bed. We don't tell the kids the ranking and it does not impact the amount of food or love that we give them the next day. It usually goes something like this:

Katie: Man, Zac was sweet today
Ryan: Yea, and Hallie was completely NOT sweet today
Katie: So I guess it was Zac, then Jake, then Hallie today
Ryan: Indeed, Zac wins the "best kid award" today
Katie: Yea, but he was still a turd yesterday.
Ryan: Indeed...

So anyway, I was thinking that the theme needs to be something like "Fun Family". And then I can try to blog the most outragous, fun thing that we did that particular day.

I'd be open to creative titles for this new format. Feel free to post your comments. Perhaps it's even time for a template change...

4 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

I understand and have thought about doing the same, but figured our blog address would need to stay the same as our followers wouldn't know where to go :o)

I wish I had some advice on headers. I know one family switched to Cheerios in my Shorts which I thought was a hilarious new title to their blog. Think of something crazy that represents your family. Then, you'll have your new blog name.

Anonymous said...

Here's a thought. Jake and I have been fishing all afternoon with a retractable tape measure. Can you get a title form that?

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

I know what you are saying about outgrowing the 'adoption' theme. Time to get on witht he business of being plain ol' family. I look forward to whatever format you chose.

Jennifer C said...

Love the "best kid award"...Galen and I might have to steal that.:)