Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A fresh start

Hello! And welcome back friends! Yes, it me, Ryan! After a very long gap, I have officially decided to jump back on the Blogging adventure wagon. My long time readers know that this used to be my blog, with Katie occasionally adding her tidbits. Then one day, she started her own blog. Things we're going well, until I abandoned this blog and now Katie is trying to run BOTH blogs! It's not fair, really.

But it's all my fault, I jumped over to Facebook and lost my desire to blog. But today, I decided that I can handle both. Every kid deserves a blog, right?

This is for you, Melia. Daddy loves you, so I give you the story you deserve.

So without further ado, here's today's update:

We found out that Melia was moved to a "group home" this past week. Kinda like foster care. Now that she has a family, it is apparently common practice in China to treat the children favorably and get them into a foster family. We're, of course, thrilled for her and also hoping that things are going well. The report made it sound like she is getting along great. As a matter of fact, so far all the reports make it sound like she gets along with just about everything and everybody. We couldn't be happier for her.

Just a reminder to you all, as far as where we are: We're patiently waiting for a travel date at this point...... so we'll wait.


..... still waiting......

No comments: