Thursday, February 19, 2009

Announcement

It seems as if I'm losing my blogging mojo. Therefore, I want to make an announcement that sometime around Mid-April, this blog will go dark. April 22nd is exactly the 1 year anniversary from Zacs Gotcha Date. Like many who have gone before us, our journey of adoption has simply evolved into a journey of life.

I've said it many times, but Zac is simply our son. Yes, he's adopted - but no, there is no difference in how I love him and my other kids. I have 3 children. It's that simple.

So anyway - I'll probably post a few pics and/or videos throughout the next few weeks - just because it's fun.

I suppose I could just end it now, but it makes for a more climatic ending when it's announced in advance. Sort of like the last episode of M.A.S.H. But not really...

8 comments:

Valerie said...

Awwwww, say it isn't so!! Just found you here a short while ago and stayed up late into the night reading your whole wonderful story... What a wonderful, loving family you have-- How lucky for all of you! We will really miss you and HOPE we can change your mind before "the end!!"

Carrie said...

I really think you should reconsider! I will miss you all too much!

Jenni said...

I check almost every day to see what's up with you guys.....I'm totally fine with a blog about your life! Lets me feel like I live closer. :-)

Love, Jenni

Carey and Norman said...

I will miss your posts, but I completely understand and have debated doing the same myself.

Anonymous said...

De-lurking to say "Boo...Hiss!":) I check your blog every day and love to hear what's up in NE and see your beautiful family. Don't quit - I don't mind if you don't blog every day anymore! We are just starting the adoption journey (your blog and a couple of others helped us finalize that decision) and have found your site very helpful and humerous. So, thanks!

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

It just doesn't seem like it could be a year already!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

I'm going to miss "seeing" you guys!! A year already?? I have thought of going private or stopping blogging, but I don't scrapbook and feel like I at least have to blog for that reason! I think about going private all the time though. good for you! Maybe you can email us a Christmas card photo? ;o)

Is Katie still blogging?

kbjohnso said...

Dear Ryan,
Ditto. I guess I understand, but as one from Texas, I will really miss the pictures and stories. It has been an honor to follow your family. Thank you for including me. Love, Kathy