Thursday, February 16, 2012

Great kid!

Things continue to go so well with little Melia.  So well, in fact, that I'm forgetting that I'm supposed to be blogging our adoption adventure.  Dare I say, there has been very little that his "disrupted" our lives.  She goes with our flow, eats what we eat, sleeps when the other kids sleep.  What's more, she takes great naps and actually goes down to sleep by herself in her own room without a peep!  Often times we hear her singing through the monitor for 10 or 15 minutes before she falls asleep!

Wow.  One great kid.  Lately, she's been trying so hard to talk.  She wants to tell us so many things, but can't quite do it.  But with the help of baby signs and lots of pointing, we've been figuring it out.









1 comment:

Virginia said...

Melia is absolutely beautiful and she fits right in with your family! Congratulations on your growing family! As exciting as adoption can be, I have definitely had my fair of challenges. My daughter is wanting to know more about her birth parents and I don't know what to tell her, but as I learned on http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-iap I don't want to withhold information from her. I just don't know how to tell her that her birth parents were drugs addicts and unable to care for her, I know it will just break her heart.