Monday, October 13, 2008

Estes Park

It's me Katie...I'm back from the most relaxing, encouraging, Spirit-filled weekend with my wonderful, amazing, incredible husband. For my birthday he planned a trip for us to Estes Park. We wanted to get away, just the two of us, for a weekend. My birthday request was 1. that we go "do" something and not just sit around eating 2. Just the two of us 3. He makes all the plans..where we hike, how to get there, where we stay, what and where we eat etc... Well, he succeeded in planning and executing a fabulous weekend. Thanks to the help of my parents, who watched the kids (yes, Ryan planned this part of it too) and some great friends who loaned us there cabin we were able to escape to Estes. (This was our first overnight away from Zac).



We roughed it in a cabin with no running water (I love adventure) and hiked over 8 miles on Sunday in Rocky Mountain National Park. We got to experience and stand in awe of God's amazing creation. The weather was perfect and the endless talks, both deep and casual, blessed my heart so much.



I think I have decided that I want time with my husband and God in this way every year for my birthday.



Thanks be to God!




8 comments:

Wolf family said...

I love your blog and your story. Hope you won't mind playing along in this little blog game.
You have been "tagged".
Rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random facts about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged.
6. Let the taggers know when your "Six Random Things" entry is up.

Tiger & Kar said...

WOW! How beautiful! I'm officially jealous now. I'm glad you had such a great birthday. Looks like a ton of fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh my stars! That view really is beautiful.

No running water and you still have great hair. Wow.

Anonymous said...

That is so great you two got away and had such an uplifting time. I noticed your parents around this weekend and wondered if you "made an escape". I am so glad it went well being away from Zac for the first time and you got some precious alone time. Happy Late Birthday, Katie. I look forward to hearing more about it when we finally get to have our coffee date. :) Becca

Carey and Norman said...

How beautiful. The scenery is fabulous. I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday and some much needed alone time together!

Linds said...

What a great gift.... so glad you got quality time together in some awesome parts of God's creation!

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

My birthday was also this weekend and my husband and I got a night to ourselves at home while grandma had the kids at their house. We didn't do 8 miles in a state park (that looked so beautiful) but we did get an early morning walk in a closeby gold course (that is now shut down for winter) and breakfast alone together. God really encouraged me through my husband too. I can understand what you were saying about wanting the same gift each year. What more could a woman need?!

Jennifer C said...

What beautiful pictures! So glad you guys had a great time! What a blessing to celebrate with time away. Love you guys!
Jenn