Monday, October 27, 2008

Update

There are so many stories to share, and yet we find less and less time to blog. Sorry everyone, that's just the way it is. (Part of our problem is that we've gotten hooked into facebook... yea, now we're addicted to blogging AND facebook).

Here are the highlights:

1. The tests finally came back and Zac does NOT have a Human Growth Hormone deficiency. Go figure, he's just small. Because his "bone age" was so young (6 months) there is a good likelihood that he'll growth later. In fact, he seems to have growth quite a bit even in this last month. (1/2 inch, 2 or 3 pounds). Time will tell on this one.

2. Zac started swimming lessons today (along with Jake) They both did exceptionally well. Zac really liked going to "school" just like his big sister and brother.

3. It appears that in the last week, Zac has FINALLY stopped calling himself Pasha. It's kinda sad, but not really. When ever Zac wanted something really bad, he would scream out "PASHA" or better yet "PASHA DO THAT!" It much nicer to hear, "Can I have that please?"

4. His English is incredible. There is virtually nothing that can't be communicated anymore.

5. I gave Zac a timeout the other day. It was the kind where I plop him on my lap (facing me) and we sit together until he calms down. Let me tell you something, he was REALLY MAD about whatever it was he was in trouble for. But here's the point: During his time of major anger, he did NOT once hit or bite or do anything toward me. He simply cried and yelled. I had a quick flash back to last May and I thought, "Wow. How far we've come". I'm so proud of our little guy.

5 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Sounds like you have made wonderful progress. Isn't it sad when they lose their language and also lose their Russian name. It is a good sign, but still a very sad moment.

Glad to hear Zac's test results came back okay. I laughed at the fact that he grew so much b/w visits too. I never fails. Ha.

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

That is so cool! It is great to hear how well he is doing. I'm so glad that he doesn't have that syndrome. I am on the shorter side. Our oldest daughter (about 3 at the time) asked me one day in the grocery store as she faced me seated in the cart, "mama, why are you so much littler than the other moms?" I was a little shocked and very amused by this question out of nowhere. I pretended to droop my head and pout. She put her hands on my cheeks, lifted my face and said, "it's ok mama, you will grow, you will grow." You can pass that encouragment onto Zac for me if he is ever discouraged about his rate of growth.

yorkiemom said...

Thanks for the update, we're always interested in hearing how you are doing although I completely understand about not having the time.

Facebook is incredibly addictive and time-consuming - who knew!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Wonderful news! It is great to see how far Zac has come over the months.

I just discovered Face Book too. Now if there were just a few more hours in a day...

Valerie said...

Have just recently discovered your blog, and I'm incredibly addicted!! I stayed up late the other night reading your whole wonderful story... How can we find you on Facebook, if you don't mind me asking...?
Looking into adoption in Ohio,
Much love,
Valerie