Saturday, November 8, 2008

Go Huskers!

Today, Ryan and I got to go down to Lincoln and spend the day with my brother at the NE game. Nebraska won, the game was good and the company was great so we had a wonderful day. Afterwards, we went out for a dinner and then headed home just in time to play with the kids for a few minutes and then put them to bed.

Maybe it is because we are getting ready for Thanksgiving and maybe it is because my eyes are open to see all the blessings around me but I feel the need to write down all that I am thankful for today:

A husband that I adore and is my best friend. What a great day we had together.
A blessed relationship with my older brother who invited us to the game. What a great day we had together.
A nanny we trust, that loves our kids like crazy and plays and plays and plays with them.
Kids that love it when we come home and shower us with kisses and hugs. Here is some of what I heard today from my kids...

Hallie..."Mom, the best part of my day is when you came home." Followed by a huge hug.
Zac..."Mama I missed you." Followed by a huge hug.
Jacob...A huge hug followed by a zerbert on my head!

I am thankful!

4 comments:

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

You have such a fun family and it's obvious your home is filled with love!

P.S. I am happy to take your cd and photos to Novokuznetsk with us. We leave on Saturday (15th) -- I think!

Kim

Linds said...

Such sweet words to come home to! Thanks for sharing. It was great to run into you at the game... it was a cold one:)

Carey and Norman said...

Very sweet. So glad you had a nice day alone and then a wonderful, welcoming committee to greet you on your return!!

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for you all too! I have been so blessed by you all - I hope you know that!!!

I had fun with the kids on Saturday (as always) - I love them so much!!!