Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas Brunch

(Katie blog)

Just wanted to share our morning happenings with all of you. Let me back up...a week or so ago Hallie came up with a, "great idea." She wanted to have a REAL tea party for her babysitters. I thought that was a super fun idea, so we invited our babysitters over for brunch this morning. We got out the china, teacups, and everyone got dressed up. When our guests arrived Hallie greeted them at the door and they all sat down at the table for brunch. She gave each of them a picture she had colored for them and an ornament that she had hand picked for them. During our tea party we even played a game where each of the ladies picked a question out of a crystal bowl and gave her answer to the group. For example, one of the questions was, "If you were a princess for a day what would you do?" After brunch we took a group photo and then Hallie wanted to dance. So all six of us danced to, "How Do You Know" by Amy Adams (aka Princess Jiselle from the movie Enchanted). Anyway, it was a VERY girly morning and lots of fun. We really have some amazing young women that care for our kids when we are not home and we are very grateful for them. Enjoy the pics and video!







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so much fun! Thank you so much for inviting me! I am so thankful that I "work" for you. Tell Hallie I said thanks for the great party and have a good weekend. =)

Anonymous said...

What a great mom you are!!! (and what a great idea Hallie had!!) Little Zac will have so many wonderful experiences(experiences full of wonder)!!! Lucky little guy - magnificent mom, terrific dad, super sister, and all boy big brother. He will blossom with all the fun and the love your family will give to him. Cute photos of Hallie. What a darling princess! N

Jennifer C said...

so precious...what a thoughtful young lady Hallie is. It looks like you had a wonderful day. What a great memory!:)
Jenn

Carey and Norman said...

What a fun idea! I cannot wait to have a daughter and have these memories too. Your daughter is so beautiful and such a princess!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

How adorable!! What a wonderful idea, and it looks like everyone had so much fun :) Hallie looks so beautiful in her Christmas dress. My mom took me and my friends to a high tea at the Peabody Hotel in Memphis, TN when we were about 10 years old, and I will never forget wearing our favorite Christmas dresses and having our tea party.

I just read you last post too, and I am so happy for you to have received 26 pictures!!!! I would have LOVED to have even one of Owen during our four months apart. You definitely deserve tons of them being away from Zac for so long.

Merry Christmas a little early! :)