Thursday, November 30, 2006

TB test

So apparently a person cannot adopt if they have TB: Turburculosous - I'm pretty sure that I don't have it considering that I can't even spell it! Nevertheless, I went in yesterday to get a TB test so that I can cross off one more thing from the mile long list. Now, you must understand that with Katie being a P.A., I don't pay attention much to the details of my health. Well, that may not be entirely true. A better way to state it is that I trust Katie's judgement 100% when it comes to my own health related issues. What I'm trying to say is that Katie told me to go to her office to get a TB test and I said "OK" and didn't get it a single thought afterword. So, yesterday I showed up at the office to get my test, and the nurse pulls out a needle (which I fully expected) BUT much to my surprise it was full of some chemical. THE NURSE WAS INJECTING SOMETHING INTO ME!!! This freaked me out. Usually, when I think of a test, I think of them taking MY blood and running whatever test they need to do. I don't think I've ever had a test where someone is depositing something into me. What's worse is that when she injected me, the chemical (toxic for all I know) bubbled up under my forearm. It actually looked like someone had shoved a pea under my skin. It was also quite bothersome to see my skin stretch similarly to when you squeeze a waterballon and it bulges out and looks super-thin. I have to admit the room started spinning. I'm sure that in the long run, the kids will be better off from me not having TB. Nevertheless, I would have been happy skipping that part yesterday.

No comments: