Thursday, September 4, 2008

Jacob's First Day of Preschool

As expected, Jacob was very excited to go to school today. He woke up and started putting his clothes on before I even knew he was awake. He had no apprehension about school and fortunately he did let me walk him to the door! When we picked him up he came running out to me with a huge smile and hug. He said, "I got to play with motorcycles today!" Sounds like a successful day to me! His first preschool drawing was classic Jacob--two big black scribbles on a piece of paper (he prefers running around over drawing any day). He also got to bring something special from home (in case he was missing home-ha!) and decided to bring a picture of his favorite thing in the whole world--his scooter.



He is already looking forward to next week.








6 comments:

Linds said...

I love to hear that Jacob was so ready for preschool... the boys were asking about him the other day and they loved seeing his first day pictures!

Carrie said...

I am glad he had a great 1st day. I don't think his smile could get any bigger.

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

It looks like a fun preschool class and how yummy were those after school snacks!?!

P.S. Love the cowboy pants on Zac!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jake - that first day of preschool snack looks very tasty - pretzels, cheetos and cookies :) Life is good when you are old enough for preschool. So happy you had such a special first day - we are very proud of you. Love, N & P

Anonymous said...

ahh, i love these pictures! what a sweet, sweet boy!

i loved that he sang me his preschool songs today. :)

Carey and Norman said...

Glad to hear that Jake loved school. Sorry to hear that he is already wanting to find his independence. I thought we had more time too. I enjoyed all the pictures.