Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hallie First Day of Kindergarten

Presenting the Kindergartener, Hallie Horner!





Hallie had a great first day of school! We had no tears and lots of smiles this morning! Hallie was excited to get dressed in her apple outfit and put on her Hello Kitty backpack. Zachary wanted desperately to wear a backpack as well. Jacob really wanted to wear his new school clothes too but we convinced him to wait until preschool starts in September.







We drove to the neighborhood that was closer to the school then walked the rest of the way.




It was a beautiful day and all the kids lined up behind their teachers in the grass. Hallie looked serious, but managed to give us some smiles too. She was happy to be with her new teacher.




As she walked away Ryan and I had a "sentimental moment" but the boys redirected our attention pretty quickly.





We spent the day thinking of Hallie and praying for her day. When we went to pick her up we were greeted with a face beaming with joy and a huge smile. The first words out of her mouth were, "Mom, I had Nacho chips for lunch and I liked them. I also had a banana and it was soooo good!" She then went on to tell us the details of her day. Ryan and I were thrilled that she shared so much and was so happy to have started this new phase of life.




When we got home we ate cookies and milk. After we were done Hallie said, "Mom, I want to go back to school right now." Well, at least getting her there tomorrow should not be a problem.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smiles don't get any bigger than those on Hallie's face. So happy to see the family enjoying a special day for a special girl. Thanks for all the photos and video - I was a bit sentimental too seeing her walk into school. Love, Nannie

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

How exciting for Hallie! I cried at the thought of my son going to kindergarten - when he was only 6 months old :0) I guess that's why we've been homeschooling for six years. Every year we say THIS is the year our kids will actually GO to school. Maybe if I look back at Hallie's smile next Spring when it's time for enrollment I can actually do it!

Carey and Norman said...

Yeah, Hallie! I'm so proud of her for being so brave. I loved her outfit with red shoes. Too precious.

I'm glad she loved school. That gives you peace of mind when you drop her off each morning!