Sunday, August 17, 2008

Zac's Vocabulary Explosion

We have said before that Zac is doing very well learning English but today he blew us away with all his new words and phrases. Usually, he seems to add about 1 word per day. Today was closer to 12 new words.

"I'm not happy, I'm mad." This said with arms folded across his chest and a big, pouting lip in response to a time-out.

"Mama, swing super high!" He wanted to swing really high at the park, I guess!

"Nope. Yep." We're moving even farther away from Da and Nyet.

"Hallie is a Princess"

"Hey! That's NOT Funny!"

"Hey Mom, I fully understand the parameters of Quantum Mechanics!" (OK - So maybe he didn't really say this last one)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had me going with that last one!! Happy to hear all is going well.

Carey and Norman said...

Isn't it funny how it just clicks and their vocabulary changes. We've noticed it too.

I enjoyed the video of Zac saying his "I Love Yous." Very sweet.

A Room to Grow said...

When my brother was visiting us, he kept saying "yea" and Rita would correct him. "Why do you keep saying that? It's 'yes'" LOL.

Carrie said...

I am so glad to hear how well Zac is doing. And I loved your first day of school post. Sophie and Hallie have the same taste in fashion. Sophie does not start kindergarten until next year and I am already teary just thinking about it.