Monday, May 28, 2007

I can see clearly now the rain is gone

The weather forecast for concert day:

Saturday, Jun 2
High: 77 °F RealFeel®: 76 °F
Some sunshine

I'm trying to contact accuweather.com to see if I can get a "money back guarantee" on their weather report.

Right now it looks all good. I can't say I'm entirely surprised. This concert has clearly been the work of God. If I can be honest, I can think of very few things that I truly thought was God intervening in my life. I'm more of a believer that God set the world in motion at the beginning and that a lot (not all) of what happens is a result of how we as his creation act and react within "his created system". (If that makes sense). But this has been different. I've attempted to organize different events in my life and nothing has come together like this. Trust me when I say: I have not really worked that hard on this concert. To me, God is speaking out for the orphan. I believe that people's attitudes toward orphans and adoptions are being changed. It's awesome to be a part of it.

We contacted 5 bands to see if they would perform for free: All of them said yes.

We contacted 8 adoption organizations to be part of things: All of them said yes.

We needed close to $1,600 to pull off the event: All the money is already raised.

We need close to 20 volunteers. We've got 20 volunteers with 50 waiting for a callback.

We prayed for sunny weather: It looks like we got it.

We marketed the event with a shoestring budget: Why am I not concerned? I'm a believer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have no doubts about weather, success, beautiful voices, and most of all God's plan. He always wants the best for us. It's just what we think is best may not be His plan. In this case, I sincerely believe that He picked out all your children in the beginning. He is just now reassuring us that they are on the way and that you have made the proper and right choices. We will all be amazed on Saturday! Grammy