Thursday, May 31, 2007

REFERAL

I woke up today.... nothing special. It seemed as if it were going to be like any other day. Go to work, workout over the lunch hour, do more work, come home, eat dinner, play with kids.

But that wasn't what happened.

As I was going over details of Saturday's concert, my phone rang. The area code was different from my own.... I knew exactly what it was.

We got.... THE CALL!

Yes! That's right! We got our referral today. 2 kids! One boy, one girl. Both approximately 18 months old.

I cannot begin to tell you what I'm feeling. I've been floating on cloud 9 all afternoon. My thoughts are racing. I can hardly focus enough just to sit here and type. All I want to do is get up and dance around.

And we have so much to do now. I guess we'll be leaving in 2 or 3 weeks to make our first trip. I'm absolutely floored.

We called our parents. They are, of course, elated. We told our kids. My son was so excited that he pooped his pants. (Of couse, he still does that 2 or 3 times a day) We told a few friends, but we've still got many more to talk to.

OK - let's calm down a bit..... breathe...... breathe........

whew. OK - Let's see, they're from the region of Kemerovo. (I guess I'll blog on that later when I know more about it) What I do know is that it's WAY out there. About a 4 hour flight further from Moscow. (Have I mentioned how much I love to fly?)

Tomorrow, we will receive the packet of info with everything: Pictures, video, medical records, etc. First thing we'll do is poor over everything, get some doctor's opinions and then plan our trip to Russia. So like I said, I think that'll be in 2 or 3 weeks.

I'm guessing that we'll post the pictures on the blog tomorrow.

As always: Stay tuned.



On a side note, we now have rain in the forecast on Saturday. But that's the least of my thoughts right now. I'll worry about that later.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I am SO excited for you all! I've been visiting your Blog, keeping track of the Events. And WOW!!! Couldn't be happier for the four of you!!!

Angela Lallman

BTW Katie, I was going to email/call you to see if you're doing OK in the absence of our dear friend, Emily!

Deb said...

Congratz on the referral. What an exciting call for today just before the concert begins.

Just a note of caution... you better ask your agency before you post pictures publicly. Russia doesn't like it normally.

Hope the rain decides to stay away long enough for the concert.

Maggie said...

Congratulations!

Lauri from Leap of Faith adopted her daughter from Kemerovo. If you haven't checked out her blog, you might want to take a peek.

Chris Goeppner said...

Congratulations!! How very exciting! We are so happy for you guys and we'll be praying that you will travel soon. Our region, Krasnoyarsk, is pretty close to Kemerovo. It's in Siberia and normally very cold but since you'll be traveling in the Summer, the weather will be very nice for you.
Definately don't post the pics though, you'll get in big trouble with Russia.
Many Blessings,
Penny

Kelli said...

How exciting! Although I have never left a comment, I have been checking your blog daily waiting for the news. It will be like having boy/girl twins, prepare for a wild ride! Congrats!!

Elle said...

Congratulation.

DO NOT POST THE PHOTOS!!! It is illegal to do so with a Russian adoption. The children are not technically yours and therefore you cannot post the photos. We were advised not to even post photos of our son until after the 10 day. I was even asked to remove a photo of the child I lost due to the fact that he was not my son and it was a privacy issue. Big huge words of caution here. Don't post the photos.

M- said...

Congrats on your referral! How exciting...can't wait to hear about your trip.

A Room to Grow said...

This news is so wonderful! Keeps us who are waiting very hopeful that our day will be soon.

This is my favorite time to read blogs... the anticipation of trip 1... meeting for the first time!

And just in time to make the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT for your concert.

Hope all goes well tomorrow.

BTW - since posting photos is not allowed by many agencies (mine doesn't seem to care for some reason, but i'm not going to) i am planning to set up a password protected photo site so i can share pics with my closest family & friends in real life and blogland.

Rhonda said...

Congratulations!! I bet you all are really hustling right now with the concert and the impending trip to Russia. Just remember, NEW $100 BILLS. Seriously, not kidding. Request new ones from your bank. Trust me, I had to learn that one through experience.

Oh and have fun meeting your children for the first time, too :)

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

YEA! Congratulations!!!

Are they twins?? :O)

What a fun age--our little one will be 18 months old Wednesday and is waiting for us to return for court next week in Vladivostok.

I'm so excited for you!! You'll be meeting your little ones before you know it!

Anonymous said...

Great!!! Was out of town and got back to play "catch up"!

Way out there?? 4 hours from Moscow! LOL! Try 10.5 hours from Moscow if you like to fly--pick Khabarovsk! Ah well, our DD (with us for 2 years in Sept.) was worth it! Congrats!!!

happymom4 (over on Xanga