Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Can I confess?

I received the official word from our agency that everything is a go and we could receive a referal literally "any day". So that means it could be tomorrow....

I have to confess, my immediate emotion was that of panic. It reminds me of when Katie and I got married. We had a 14 month engagement, and the whole time I was thinking "hurry up! hurry up!" And then about a month before the wedding occured, I started to think "hold the phone! I'm not ready yet". This is exactly what I'm feeling now. I want them, I want them, I want them, Woah!!! wait. I'm not ready yet!

I remember thinking the same with the birth of our first two kids as well. The good news is that the story always ends up happy.

3 comments:

Deb said...

FRUA's Back.
You're feeling seem so natural. Excited and nervous. Glad you are all done with that step and now you can just enjoy the wait (I hope).
Praying it doesn't take too long for your referrals to come.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Any day?! It reminds me of Katie being in labor. I am thrilled for you (all of us actually) and so anxious to see the babies in your arms. God's plan is always amazing...in His own time. Grammy

Anonymous said...

You may be interested in checking out a local photographer who is an active member of an organization called Celebrating Adoption. Her blog is www.janinemcclintock.blogspot.com
You are truly amazing people & I know that God is watching over you through this whole adoption process!