Saturday, July 7, 2007

Missing him

As I look at my posts, I realize that I haven't talked much about Zac on this blog. This is quite a contrast to what actually goes on in my head. When talking to people face to face, we show pictures, show videos, and talk about him non- stop.

Part of why I don't talk about him is because I'm paranoid. I don't want to do anything to screw things up. The reality is that Zac is SO CUTE that I'm afraid if the word gets out that people will try to "get to him" first. (I'm actually serious) This week there was a HUGE announcement that a bunch of agencies were finally reaccredited. (This is great news) Of course I'm happy for all the thousands of parents and children that this will positively affect, but deep down inside I'm thinking, "I don't want anyone else to see Zac, because once people see him they'll want him. Afterall, it is without debate that Zac is the cutest kid in Russia. I'm surprised that it hasn't been in the news yet. ** NEWS FLASH **: The cutest kid in the world was spotted in Russia today. Rumor has it that he is supposed to be adopted. Russian officials are seeing what they can do to ensure that the cutest kid in the world can stay in Russia. This one is too cute to let go."

These first two weeks without him have gone relatively fast, but it seems like the last two days, Katie and I are REALLY wanting to get our court date so we can bring him home.

I can't stop looking at his pictures. (I can't wait to post them on this blog)

Well, I guess I'll have to do what everyone has to do: WAIT.

3 comments:

Chris Goeppner said...

I'm sure it is very difficult waiting for your court date. I'll be praying that you get it soon.
-Penny

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

We too are waiting on a court date except our little guy is in Vladivostok. We too have two children at home already so there are bigtime mixed emotions about leaving soon. i know it is hard on them to be left but what do you do when you have kids that need you on both sides of the world?!

Best of luck to you both!
Alicia

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan and Katie...catching up on the blog tonight. I'm sure things are at a crawl pace right now...we are waiting with you and can't wait to see the cutest little guy in Russia! :-)

Love, Jenni