Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Update

Yesterday, I was seriously depressed. I've mentioned a few times that 3 of the 7 seven couples (from our agency) have received their court date. I thought this was encouraging until I found out that all 3 of these couples took their first trip a MONTH AFTER we took ours!!!

For the first time on this adventure, I lost a lot of sleep last night. What if our "stuff" was somehow lost? What if we never finalize this adoption? What if?

Well, I called our agency again today and found out some more details. First, we think that Russia chooses to let the forms pile up on a desk and when it comes to time to work on it, they start on the top of the pile (which was the last form to be added) and then work down from there.

Second, we did find out that the agency has confirmed that Zac's paperwork is where it need to be and has not been lost. They also have a fairly reliable confirmation that we'll get our letter before the end of next week.

This is good news, but at this point I am VERY guarded. I hate to set another made up deadline of next Friday only to be disappointed again.

This is killing me....

8 comments:

Elle said...

The first thing one should learn in this process is never to set imaginary deadlines. Russian adoption works at one speed. Russia. Russia=slow. Take it from me. I know slow Russia.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Horners! In God's good time, it will happen . . . and I don't say that lightly or tritely.

We have been through a Russian adoption so we get it. The pain of waiting for your child is a unique one understood I think only by other aodptive parents who have been through the same thing. It's totally different than waiting for a bio child to be born. (Then at least you have the child safe at hand, and know where it's at, and sort of what it's doing!)

Rachael said...

We inexplicably had 4 months between trip #1 and trip #2 too. It was really hard to see those imaginary deadlines come and go, especially not having any real contact with our daughter to know how she was feeling or doing.

Fingers and toes crossed that this week is the week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys:
This is d from d&a. I tried to do this yesterday but i dont think i pushed the correct button. Thanks by the way for the loan to get me home last time.
Apart from family illness i can safely say this is the most intense thing i have ever been involved in and i think that i am a bit older than you guys. Fell asleep in court today so i am going to try some different strategy. Hang in. D

Danigirl said...

I sure know how you feel. The rep was suppossed to meet with our judge to get a court date. Instead we find out after a few days of no news that the judge canceled the meeting with the rep. No explanation given. So no court date and the meeting has not been rescheduled. Very frustrating!

A Room to Grow said...

i so know what you are going through, only i haven't met our girls so your situation is probably much harder to deal with.

bright side? don't you have a football game to go to this weekend?

(go usc!)

Ryan and Katie said...

Judging by the way the Huskers sputtered by Wake Forest last week, I'm not really looking forward to the game either....

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Russia IS slow, isn't it?! I am so sorry you are still waiting and know that your heart must be breaking inside hearing that other people are traveling who went on their first trips after you did.

I'm so happy to hear Zac is doing well. It's nice you get updates. We didn't get info so easily about Owen.

I hope you do have good news this week. :)