Sunday, September 30, 2007

Continuing to Enjoy Life...




This is pretty cool. Apparently, we can now load video directly to Blogger. That makes life a lot easier. Before, I had to burn my videos to a DVD, rip it back to my computer using the right application, and then load it to You Tube - AND THEN connect it to this blog. Loading direct saves me at least 15 minutes. Whew! 15 minutes all to myself..... Now I can watch the sunset tonight.... yea right.


These videos were taken with our camera that we had to buy in Russia (our video camera was packed in the bags that never showed up.... yea, I still like bringing that up from time to time just to remind you how fun it was traveling without luggage). But I'd say the video qualities are pretty good, wouldn't you? The only bad part about buying a camera in Russia (other than spending an extra 10,000 Rubles) is that the charger has a European style plug in. Therefore, we still have to use our adapter everytime we want to charge the battery.


Oh well, at least we're getting our money's worth from the adapter.


Anyway, the video is of us yesterday at Vala's Pumkin Patch. For those of you outside Omaha, Vala's is our version of Disneyland. (Nebraska-farmsyle) It's huge, full of fun, full of pumkins, and (of course) full of people. It's a great place to go during the month of October. This year's new addition was the jumper pillows. Fun stuff!

I would like to piggy back on Katie's last post. We're actually getting to the point where we are THANKFUL for this wait. (Was that a typo?!?! Did I just say thankful?) Believe it or not, yes. We've been through a lot these past few months. A lot of emotion. A lot of tears. A lot of confusion. But we've finally come to terms with who is in charge as well as what WE can control. And I'm not sure I would have come to that realization had we not been through this wait. I also feel as if I'm more thankful for the little moments than I was a few months ago. Whatever happens, I'm OK with it. Afterall, I have SO MUCH. It's pretty ridiculous how wonderful my life is really.... Afterall, I got to jump on a big pillow yesterday. It doesn't get much better than that.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to jump on that pillow thing! What fun is that! Wish we could join you.....I know a great time was had by all!

Love, Jenni

Unknown said...

So fun to see you all enjoying yourself - that pillow thing looks great. So glad to hear that you are doing well and that you have time to enjoy the small moments!

Lots of Love, Lisa

Suz said...

I've just caught up on your whole story!

I pray, pray, pray that you'll have Pasha/Zac with you by his birthday! Even if it is celebrated in Russia, I pray you'll be together!!

Julie and Matt said...

There's no better way to know that you are within the will of God submitting to Him then when your heart finds peace in a place when there is NO WORLDLY REASON that it should.

I never felt more within God's presence than I did when I was waiting between trip one and two. I read that same feeling in your latest posts.