Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Friends

I do believe that I have mentioned a few different times that one of the (many) surprises during this adventure that we call international adoption is the friendships that we've developed. The even more surprising thing is that many of these friends are cyber-friends. I'm sure this is a modern-day phenomenon that will only increase as technology allows, but it is still strange to have true friends that I've never actually talked to in person.

So here is a run down of how cool our "new" friends are:

1. D&A (who we traveled with in June and who were also sentenced to 6 months in "Databank prison") mailed us a Siberian Silver Fir Yankee Candle. How appropriate! It's really yummy.... smelling, not tasting.

2. R - just went to Russia to finish her adoption and took a disposal camera with her for Olga to take pictures. We just got confirmation that they took more pics of Zac and we should get them back in a week or so! Yea! More pictures.

3. It seems like every single one of our blogging friends are in Russia right now. It's so awesome to read their adventures. Of course, deep down inside, I'm quite bitter.... just kidding...sort of. No, I really am... kidding, that is.

I'm especially happy for Steve who was my original motivation to start a "dad blog". (We seem to be a minority) He's waited longer that we have, so it's only fair that his adoption journey is coming to a close. (I'm fully aware that a new adventure is just beginning, but at least the paperwork will be a lot less going forward .... until they start doing Estate Planning, or buy a new house)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff!!!! See you tomorrow. Poppie