Monday, November 5, 2007

News about Zac

We are happy to share a couple of things about Zac. We still have not heard that he will come home before March, but here is what we have heard.

First, I found a friend through a Kemerovo Yahoo group that is traveling to Baby Home #1 for a court date on November 19. She is adopting a little girl that is one of the children in Zac's class. I am forever grateful for the group of friends we have met that are also adopting internationally. Everyone has been so wonderful to sympathize with us in a way that only someone adopting internationally could.

She agreed to take an early Christmas present for Zac and a disposable camera to Olga, our translator from trip #1, so she can take a few pictures of Zac. When I e-mailed Olga to see if she could do this for us this was her reply...

"Hi, my friends! I am sorry for keeping you wait for my answer...I promise to do all my best with the camera and everything. As soon as I learn anything about your adoption affairs, I will connect you. Pavel is doing fine! I will send you his measuments later. Keep in touch! Your friend!"

What a sense of relief to know that we have "a friend" in Novokuznetsk that is checking up on our son.

In addition, we are still waiting on pictures from Zac's birthday, and hoping that our late birthday present will get to him soon. We heard from our agency today. They wrote to us...

Hi Ryan and Katie, The family left this weekend on Saturday with your package, so I would expect that it reached the orphanage today. I will confirm this. I have not received the photos yet or the measurements. I have a hunch that a family that is returning home next weekend will have the pictures. I will let you know as soon as I receive anything! I will stay on top of it, don't worry! Hang in there. I hope you are all doing fine. Best regards.

Our agency is really doing a great job of staying in touch and encouraging us while we wait.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are encouraging and reassuring words from Russia and your agency - keeping contact in some way with Zac while you wait to return for him is a blessing. N

Chris said...

Sometimes people do the nicest things, and it makes the world a better place. What encouraging news! We are so glad you are able to stay connected. And your agency sounds like a great one!

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

I am so glad that you are getting your hearts refreshed from time to time by such reports! Every little bit of information seems to help, huh?!

Anonymous said...

Great! So glad you are able to have a little trickle of interaction!

We heard today that pictures and information were obtained about our sweetie . . . ;-) Just waiting for them!