Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Missing memories

Today was a good day. We got a jump on the Christmas season by skipping out of work early to decorate the house. (I know that we're supposed to wait until AFTER Thanksgiving, but the opportunity was there....)

Anyway, it hit me today that this may be a tough Christmas for us. Everybody keeps telling me that "the holidays will go by fast and then it'll almost be time to go get Zac".

Yea, I'm not so sure.

Back in June, I figured that there was NO WAY that Zac wouldn't be home for Christmas. We were really excited to think that this Christmas would be our first with our new child. There is definately something special about a baby's first Christmas.

I've tried to be positive and upbeat during this difficult time, but I do have my moments of sadness. I'm not mad. I'm not bitter. I'm just really really sad. I look at that countdown clock and I think, "98 days isn't that great... we've still got a long road to hoe."

But no matter how my thoughts process the events that have unfolded, I keep coming back to the same conclusion: What else can I possibly do besides remain positive? Nothing good can come from moping. (Not to be confused with mopping, which can be quite productive especially if you have hardwood floors)

So, here we are: Still enjoying all the wonderful blessings and moments that have been given to us.

Here's a clip of Hallie & I placing the angel on our Christmas tree. (Truly, the epitome of a precious Christmas memory.)

NOTE: In true Horner fashion, we added as much drama as we possibly could for the camera





2 comments:

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

That is the cutest thing. The main thing is: stay honest with God about how you're feeling. If your discouraged, tell Him! If your running low of faith, tell him! He knows how to comfort us - we need only to cry out to Him!

Unknown said...

i finally got to your blogs and i just think you guys are amazing! i'm thankful to have this site so we can follow what's going on with Zac and pray for you guys.