Monday, December 4, 2006

Fingerprints

Last month, Katie and I went to the Nebraska State Patrol office to get our fingerprints taken. Apparently, being a convicted felon is "frowned upon" when adopting. Well, as luck would have it, my fingerprints were rejected. Of course, Katie's were fine (she's perfect) but some of my prints were illegible so I have to go back and get them taken again. As I looked at the card, I noticed that the State patrol was even nice enough to circle the particular prints that were rejected. I couldn't help but immediately see the trend that it was only my left hand that came back rejected. I also noticed that when looking at the prints, only 2/3 of my fingerprint was on the page. "That's odd" I thought. But then I looked at my left hand and realized that I have a dime sized callous on each of my fingers on my left hand. "Why?" you ask. BECAUSE I'VE BEEN PLAYING GUITAR LIKE A MADMAN FOR THE PAST YEAR! I'm so proud! I'm officially a guitarist! Of course this means I have to go to Lincoln to the State offices to get my prints redone, but I don't care. It's totally worth it if I am now able to offically call myself a guitarist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryan, You are hysterical...and an official guitarist! Love this post....I'll keep reading them. Thanks for the updates! Love, Jenni