Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Pure?

James 1:27 “Pure and lasting religion in the sight of God our Father means that we must care for orphans and widows in their troubles, and refuse to let the world corrupt us.”


It seems like I do so many things wrong. It's nice to have this passage to turn to and think, "Hey! I'm doing something that is really right!" Not that I'm trying to earn points or anything. Afterall, we're talking about my children here - Not some "feel good project". I don't know.... I just felt like including that passage in today's entry.

I've had a few people ask: Where are you at in the process?

Let me tell you:
1. We're waiting for the final draft of our homestudy. The meetings are done, but our caseworker needs to type up the report. She said it'll be done around Christmas or so.

2. We need to submit about 15 different forms for our agency. Once these are done and copied 4 times, we will package it all up with the homestudy report and send it to the agency. Then we wait. And wait. It will be translated in Russian and sent off to them. Did I mention that we wait a while after this?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, I lkove the updates. I will work on copy/paste and try to ge everything into some sort of album. Several of y riends are reading this too we all appreciate it! Love, Jean

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I was typing much faster than this site sems to allow. I will slow down and proof read before I hit publish again!

Anonymous said...

Me too Ryan, I read it every day. Thanks so much for including us! Love, Aunt Jenni :0)