Thursday, December 7, 2006

Names and Rooms

Have I discussed names yet? It's real simple: The boy is Zachary. The girl is Molly. The only real debate is the spelling. Zachary is straight forward, but the abbreviated version "Zac" is up in the air. Obviously, you can see that I just spelled is Z-A-C. Of course there is Zack and Zach as well. I suppose we could even include Zak, Zaq, or Zaque. I think Zac is the front runner right now. (Afterall, let's not forget the starting quarterback that led the Big Red to it's first Big 12 North title in 6 years: Zac Taylor)

Believe it or not, the spelling of Molly is in question too. We have Molly and Mollie. I think I'm actually a fan of Mollie. That way all the girls in the family have the "IE" ending. Katie, Hallie and Mollie. Cute, huh?

In addition to the spelling, we also have been trying to figure out the sleeping arangements. After much discussion, I believe that we are planning on sharing rooms. Of course, we'll have to see how Mollie and Zac handle everything, but right now the plan is for the girls to share one room and the boys to share the other. We believe this will be good for many reasons:

1. The guest room can stay a guest room. (Save money by not having to finish the basement)
2. Bonding between siblings.
3. Teaching the kids to share.
4. Building character by giving them less, not more.

This of course, is all just a theory. We'll see how it actually plays out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a new lurker here - recently discovered your blog and am enjoying it...just thought I'd lend my support for your "sharing a room" idea...my hubby and I are of the same belief with our current bio kids vs. our to-be-adopted kids...for all the same reasons...fwiw...thanks for sharing your story of adoption...Tina