Monday, February 26, 2007

Frustrated... but moving forward

Today was another step forward.... sort of... It turns out we were moving backwards before, so it wasn't too hard to start moving forward...

Anyway, we submitted our I-600A approximately 1 month ago and were told to wait about a month. We did. And today we called the Lincoln office because we have not heard a darned thing from them. As it turns out, we were supposed to send it to the Omaha office. (Which I couldn't even find when I went on the USCIS website... but that's another story. Additionally, we were told that we were supposed to submit a certified check or cashier's check, NOT a regular check.

Bottom line is that this last piece that we've been waiting on.... I did it all wrong. So we're going into the Omaha office in person tomorrow (no more mailing stuff) and we're getting this done right.

The lousy part is that we have to start the waiting part all over again. Now that we're down to this last form, the waiting is more annoying. Oh well, it's all part of the experience right?

It's kinda like a pregnant woman complaining about her "tummy" getting bigger during her pregnancy. We'll simply try our best to embrace this whole thing as the adoption experience and not dwell on the "good" parts or the "bad" parts. It's all good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! I just heard the "in person" idea didn't work either. Have you thought about contacting your Congressman. The paperwork is to be expected, but an office with no phone number listed is nuts. Surely they could have talked to you when youwere there. Keep the faith guys! This is all part of God's paln for your family. Take a dee breath and move forward. Grammy

Ryan and Katie said...

I went to my congressman and he said quote: I'd like to help you son but you're too young to vote....

Sometimes I wonder what I'm gonna do....

I also wonder why your posts always have so many typos.

Love ya mom.