Thursday, February 1, 2007

More Trivia

Did you know:

The first Russian ETF will soon be introduced to the US financial markets. What will soon be known as "The Market Vectors Russia Fund" will track the Deutsche Borse Russia Index.

Why do we care?

1. I'm a financial dude - that's my job.
2. I love ETF's. (Don't worry if you don't know what an ETF is. I'm not going to go into detail, because this is not a financial website and I don't want to get myself into trouble for posting something without getting approval from my compliance department.
3. This may be a fun investment to buy for the soon-to-be-adopted kids.
4. Believe it or not, the Russian economy has done very well since they blew up in 1998. Their economy is tied in with oil and this $2 and $3 dollar gas has helped them. (Unfortunately, very little of their population benefit from this - it's not like they all have 401(k)s and get to actively participate in their country's stock market).
5. I have nothing else to babble about today.

No comments: