Sunday, February 25, 2007

Still learning Russian

Katie and I have continued working on our Russian.

So far we have: Я тебя люблю (Which is "I love you")

(Pronounced: eh tibieh loo bloo (Sort of, it's hard to phonetically spell it out)

We also have: ДОброе Утро! (Which is "Good Morning")

Pronounced: Do-bre Ootra (Again, I say it better than I phonetically sound it out)

But hear's the really cool part. Katie and I have written a cute little lullaby using these two phrases. We'll maybe it's not exactly a lullaby. (seeing as how it has the phrase Good Morning in it...) But you have to understand how our household works. Basically, we've turned every regular activity into a song. We've got a song for cleaning up the kids' rooms. A song for when we're swinging on the swings in the back yard. A song for when the kids go to bed. Heck! We've even got a song for when they go to the bathroom. So why not a song first thing in the morning when we wake them up?

We recorded the song tonight using Garage Band. (So we don't forget the tune by tomorrow). If anyone can tell me how to post a Garage Band file on this blog (or You Tube or whatever) I'd be happy to post our song for your enjoyment.

1 comment:

Hawk said...

Hey, I ran across your blog through someone's blog roll. Anyway, I wanted to let you know of a program for learning Russian pretty fast byki.com. It is possible you are using this, but regardless, In a couple short months I've learned quite a bit.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hey to a fellow Russian adopter and wish you luck!