Tuesday, February 20, 2007

What will they think?

I did the majority of my growing up in the 80's. As most of you know, the tension between the US and Russia were at their peak during this decade. Every movie, every book, everything seemed as if were about the US vs. Russia in some way shape or form.

My question is this: How will Molly and Zac feel about this as they grow up?

What will they think:

When they see the 1980 rerun of the US Hockey team beating the Russian Hockey team in the Olympics. (Sometimes referred to as sports "greatest moment")

When Rocky beats Ivan in Rock IV?

When they watch "Spies Like Us"? - OK - that one probablly won't bother them. In fact, they'll probablly love it.... just like I do.

But you get my point. Will they identify stronger as a US citizen or will they gravitate to being born as a Russian?

It'll be their decision.

No comments: