Sunday, February 24, 2008

First Impressions

I've been anxiously anticipating our reunion with our son. I imagine lots of emotions, lots of tears, but I also anticipate better communication now that Katie and I have learned so much Russian.

I have actually practiced my first few sentences that I plan to say to him during our first few moments.

Katie and I filmed a practice run tonight (with the camera being Zac's perspective)

Let me know if you think this will freak him out....

Warning: You are about to see what a dork I can be.




5 comments:

Sher said...

I'm sure he won't be traumatized for life maybe just a few minutes!! :-) Actually, I'm impressed by your Russian. Now we want to see Katie do it!!

Jennifer C said...

I'm deeply touched and deeply humored all at the same time. There is something funny about how adults talk to kids in that singy/songy tone, but it is even funnier in Russian!:) Seriously...I am so impressed at how you guys have gone the extra mile to make Pasha feel so loved and at home right from the start. He is a blessed little boy!
Jenn

Unknown said...

that was great! you have learned so much! now if only i knew what you were saying . . . you know, you could have just said a fancier version of "ga-ga, goo-goo" and i wouldn't have known the difference!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

You are too funny! I am impressed with all of the Russian you have learned and agree with Sher that I want to see Katie do the same for us! :)

2 more days...YEAAAA!!

A Room to Grow said...

I'm laughing too hard to be able to post a comment. ;-)