Sunday, February 3, 2008

Here we go

Wow.  In the past week, things are really picking up on the adoption front.  It seemed for awhile that time was standing still and we were in "forever wait" mode.  But now, as the clock ticks down to the 20's and we're starting to get more calls and correspondence from our agency, it seems like we're finally getting there.  Certainly, Zac has consumed our thoughts this past year, but now he is REALLY consuming our thoughts. I don't think we go more than about 30 minutes without some sort of comment like:  "I wonder what Zac will think when..."

During those first few days, I wonder if Zac will be terrified of us.  I wonder what he will be thinking during the moment when we take him from the baby home and put him in a car.  (never to return to the only life that he's ever known)  I wonder what he'll think when we hold him and sing to him.  Will he like it, or will it just annoy him?  What will he think of me?  (considering that during his entire life he he has only been cared for by women)  

I think about a lot of different things...

1 comment:

A Room to Grow said...

I don't remember where I heard this but I am trying to practice this at the moment...

The best thing you can do for your adoptive child(ren) is to act confident and positive of all of the changes. It helps to keep their fears in check.

Easier said than done... :)

oh! This is the advice of the doctor we took to examine Rita in Russia. She noticed how nervous I was about everything and told me to these things.