Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Milk

Dear Zac,

I think about you all the time.  Everything I do seems to somehow relate back to you.  Today, I was purchasing milk and when I glanced at the expiration date, I noticed that it was AFTER you are released from the databank!  You may not know this yet, but milk has a tendency to spoil quite soon after it hits the store shelves.  Therefore, we are getting REALLY REALLY close to bringing you home.

I hope you'll one day come to realize just how much we love you.  I hope that you'll come to understand how difficult this wait has been for us.  If it were somehow possible to harness the emotional power that has been emitted during our adoption process, you would see something that shines brighter than our sun.  Indeed, you are loved more than you'll ever know.  From the moment our eyes meet again to the rest of your days on this earth, your mama and papa will be here for you.  

Ya tebya lublu.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that we haven't been very faithful about looking and following your blogs about Zac. However, I am getting more and more anxious about the upcoming release, so if I am, and I'm an aunt, how are you all feeling being that much closer to the reality of it all. There must be so much anticipation that you almost can't contain it. Well, we all wish you the best in having the time quickly move toward the court date and bringing this little guy home to be in the family. This will be a marvelous 2008 for the Horners! Aunt Anica and Uncle Jeff

Jennifer C said...

Precious...one to save in his baby book...and one to remember when he's 15:)
Love you guys!
Jenn

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet... I have been praying a lot about how this wonderful little boy is so blessed to have such an amazing family! I can see it in the way you talk about him, the pictures, and the way the kids talk about him all the time. I cannot wait until he is here!

A Room to Grow said...

so close!!!! i'm excited for you guys!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Isn't it great to be seeing that date in print?! I remember the day I marked on my calendar that we were going to leave for our second trip. Counting down the days to start my maternity leave with Owen was one of the most exciting times! You are getting so close, and it's so exciting!!

Thank you so much for your comment on my recent post. I noticed my neighbor's little girl doesn't socialize with other children either and her mom and I feel it's largely because she is used to having her mom's undivided attention! She's been in preschool for a year now and still does better with older children and adults than children her age.

It's so true that having difficulty attending to things for long periods of time may just be part of who Owen is too. And the speech issues...yes!, he has learned to talk so quickly that he's bound to have an articulation delay! Thank you for reminding me that these things could be happening even if Owen weren't adopted from an orphanage at 19 months old.

Can't wait to hear Zac's been released so you can return to him and bring him home!!!

Deb said...

Beautiful! Just a few more days and he's off. Do they know when you'll receive a court date yet?

I hope it's very very soon after his release date. I'm parying with you.

(Blogger goofed sorry if this is a duplicate)

junglemama said...

Ahhh, what a touching post. Your love for your little boy shines through this post.