Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Active Day

I had an interesting adoption day today. We got a letter from our agency (along with a small pile of paperwork) saying that we needed to complete it and send it back. Apparently, we have to have some pre-approval from the Russian regions that we may be adopting from? This is the first time during our process that I'm just going along with what our agency says and not really worrying about the details.

After talking with our agency on the phone, they really made it sound like this part of the paperwork needed a fast turnaround. We managed to complete all the paperwork in less than 30 minutes so that part was easy, BUT one of the forms had to be completed by our homestudy organization (Lutheran Family Services - see yesterday's post). Naturally, things always slow WAY down when we have to start mailing documents back and forth between the various organizations.

Get this: I called Lutheran Family Services and they told my that not only had they already filled out the paperwork but the caseworker would drop it off at our house on her way home from work! Wow! Did I mention lately that we love Lutheran Family Services? (SIDE NOTE: In relation to yesterday's post, we found out that we were supposed to RSVP for the support meeting. Nobody did, therefore, nobody showed.)

I politely told the wonderful worker at Lutheran Family that I'd be more than happy to pick up the forms myself. (good excuse to sneak out of the office for an hour) I did, and it was all overnighted back to the agency.

One more item checked off the list.

No comments: