Wednesday, March 7, 2007

minor event

We got our receipt in the mail today from USCIS. I should have gotten it on the spot when I turned in the I-600A, but as I posted we had a bad snow storm the day I went into the office. Therefore, I ended up giving our I-600A to a person who normally doesn't handle adoptions. He assured me that he would forward it on to the right people, but you can image my skepticism.

Today, I feel better because the receipt assures us that indeed everything was done correctly.

Now we wait until they schedule a time for our prints to be taken. (Which I've said numerous times on this blog). This time it's for real.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just curious. How many times have you had finger prints taken -- and for what reasons? I have lost track, but it seems like you would have black ink permanently embedded in those little lines on your fingers.

A Room to Grow said...

good news. i think the process varies so much between states. and waiting times. i guess that's just like everything else with russian adoption!