Sunday, March 25, 2007

Cleaning the House

We had an "early spring cleaning" session at our house this weekend.

1. We cleaned out the garage. This was due to the fact that we found out a racoon had been living in there for about 4 days. I could go on about this topic, but this is Molly and Zac's website. (Not a blog for random events at our house).

2. We cleaned out our baby clothes. (some) This may seem like a ridiculous activity for 2 adults that are hoping to adopt 2 children - however we are confident that we won't be receiving any children under the age of 6 months. Therefore, we only got rid of the clothes that were 0-6 months. This may seem like a simple enough task, but many of you may not know our parents very well. These people are card carrying grandkid spoilers. Every color, every size. We've got it all.

Blogger's NOTE: I am fully aware that our parents make up about 24% of our readers. Therefore, I am not naive to think that they won't be reading this soon. Please, let me clarify: We LIKE it that you spoil our children. Keep the gifts coming. Cash is always good too. Love you!!!

As far as the clothes that we did keep, we're very eager to see who gets to wear what and how cute they will look.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute Ryan! Never make fun of card carrying grandchild spoilers!! :-) I heard the story about your racoon earlier today from mom....yikes! You are brave to have tried to take its picture (which I want to see...I could REALLY scrap that!) I would have just run screaming so you have my vote for bravery!

Love, Jenni

Anonymous said...

24%??? Not more? Yes, I am card carrying Grammy. And what is wrong with that? This might be a good time to mention that I have been working on baby quilts all afternoon. You will HAVE to take them to the babies. Hallie and I discussed the language differences this morning. We are both confident they will speak English very quickly. She is still a bit concerned about Jake "poking them in the eye..." but I know he will be a perfect gentleman. Love you guys...and watch out for the 'coons. Grammy

Anonymous said...

Poppie "has been trying to convince me for years that we use our 'card' too much on grandkids. He thinks this just proves him right. The trough is now officially closed." That is a quote from the guy who likes to budget and read his account balances -- as for me, the one who gravitates to kids stuff, I suppose I'll just have to find a way to replace all those items you discarded. What fun that will be -- especially for FOUR kids. Nannie