Saturday, March 3, 2007

Whew!

OK - As of yesterday, we've officially submitted our I-600A. Of course, this was a task that we thought we did awhile ago, but.... well, just read the prior posts and you'll be brought up to speed.

My appointment was at 8:40am yesterday. I was a little nervous walking in because I was about 5 minutes late getting there (Omaha is still contending with the boat-load of snow we got on Thursday). I had visions of me walking up to the counter to be greeted by the lady telling me that I'd have to reschedule for a different day because I was 5 minutes late. You know that scene on "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" where Steve Martin goes balistic on that gal at the car rental place? That's what I thought was going to happen.

But as it turns out, quite a opposite occured. None of the 3 people that handle adoptions had showed up to work yet. (B/C of the snow... supposedly) So I ended up waiting till 10:15. Finally, some guy took my paperwork and said they'll be contacting us for fingerprints within 30 days.

30 days.... (sigh).... OK. The hardest part will be figuring out what in the world to blog about for 30 days....

1 comment:

A Room to Grow said...

We are lucky that our local office has walk-in hours and she'll actually do the paperwork in front of you. Are you still working on your homestudy, or is that completed?