Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Another reason that we're ready

While we're on the subject of "readiness", there has been an issue that has been "looming" around our household for quite some time.

It is the issue of potty training and having two in diapers at the same time. (We did this with our first two but it was a fairly short time period before Hallie figured things out and we were back to one).

Well, Katie and I are proud to announce that Jake is about 90% potty trained. Which, considering the battle we've gone through, is pretty darn good. And the reality is that this has all transpired in the last week or so. We are very thrilled and now are ready for the call. (For we wouldn't want to go TOO LONG without diapers in our lives).

1 comment:

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

Hello. We are also adopting a baby boy, Dmitry, from Russia. Vladivostik. I found the link to your blog on Jim and Adrienne's blog. I will enjoy following your story. I can relate to the diapers thing. We thought we were done too five years ago. Guess not. Good thing I didn't ever through that out of diapers party I always threatened to have after our youngest potty trained. It is still a future event.