Thursday, August 30, 2007

Various updates

As far as the Mohawk vote, we had a very tight runing between NO and NO WAY!!! I think the "nay's" have it.

As far as updates:

1. Still waiting.
2. There are 7 couples from our agency all waiting for "the letter" from Moscow. 2 of them got court dates on Monday. This may give hope that whoever was on vacation is now back.
3. Katie went over to Valentina's house last night. Valentina is the gal from Russia who agreed to come over a few times a week to speak Russian to Zac (once we get him) to give him comfort. Katie said that she is an absolutely wonderful person.
4. We have heard that Zac's birthplace was actually Kaltan not Novokuznetsk. We've done alittle research to find out more about the city.... but it's hard to read all those websites in Russian. We've seen a few pictures, read a few short paragraphs. (translated by bablefish)
5. I'm really starting to get consumed by this whole thing. Every day that passes by, I think about Zac more. I stare at his pictures that we took on the first trip. I have his face memorized. I can trace the exact outline of his tiny fingers. I can feel his eyelids closing against my cheek. I study every picture and video that we have of him. I don't go more than 30 minutes without some sort of thought about him. Even when I'm really engaged into something.

(sigh)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sharing your personal thoughts about Zac -- and for the news that 2 of the 7 families just received court dates. That is so encouraging - your court date has to be coming soon. N