Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Every last detail

Hi everyone! This entry is from Katie. Ryan and I want to give you something to read until we finally get our call and can tell you about our second trip, but also don't want to bore you. I thought I would let you know about some last minute details I have been working on since I have the time!

First of all, I wanted Hallie and Jacob to have some special things from mom and dad to get while we were away. So, I purchased a new game (Hungry, Hungry Hippos) for both, a punching bag for Jake and a garage sale Cinderella vanity for Hallie. I also got some posterboard for them to make welcome home signs for Zachary.

Before our first trip, Ryan and I read some books on CD for them to have while we are away as well. The funniest is Ryan's rendition of "The monster at the end of this book."

Keep in mind all of these things are SURPRISES for the kids, so family members please do not tell them these treats are coming!

I also wanted to write a letter to Zachary's birthmom so that if she ever got it she would know that her son is in a home with parents that love him and want to provide for him in every way. I also wanted to thank her for giving our son life. Well, I had a chance to write down my thoughts and my new Russian aquaitance that lives two blocks away is going to translate the letter for me!

But, now I have all this done, so I guess we can get the call tomorrow! We'll see. Katie

2 comments:

yorkiemom said...

You sound so ready. We really need to get more organized.

Here's hoping you get the call soon.

Anonymous said...

plan a big trip. One in which you have to put money down and you'll get the call within a week!