Sunday, August 12, 2007

I'm back

OK Everybody. I'm terribly sorry for last week. As I re-read my posts I realize that I sounded very "dark". Although I am bummed out that we haven't gotten our court date, it's not like I'm not moping around the house in slippers, skipping work.

So I'm recommitting myself to blogging. It is my duty to provide fun, entertaining, informative information regarding the Russian adoption process. I'd hate to let down my peeps.

Here are some interesting things that have happened as of late.

1. We received a 2nd Russian letter. It was identical to the first. Same story. It's nothing, but still wild to get a letter from Russia ...in Russian.

2. We found a woman in our neighborhood (living about 2 blocks away) who is from Russia and therefore speaks Russian. (In fact, she is specifically from Siberia) Katie talked to her tonight and they discussed the idea of her coming over to our house the first few weeks so that she'll be able to talk to Zac and give him the comforting Russian words that he may need. How great will that be? (Side note: She used to work for an adoption agency. That makes it even cooler.)

3. Katie stumbled upon a cool Russian book that we decided to purchase. We really liked it because it is an informative book about Russia that chooses to focus on the positives of their country, culture and history. Check out: http://www.motherlandbook.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really cool about your neighbor!! What are the chances of that? Wonderful that she may be able to help in the beginning....I'm praying for the court date this week! I read today's post as well....Katie, you got some CAR TIME in! Congratulations on getting it all taken care of!

Love you all, Jenni