Monday, August 27, 2007

Mohawks?

I was in the DMV on Friday getting a new driver's license and I decided that I officially do NOT like government offices.... truthfully, it's not even a story worth sharing. But for as many hours as I've spent waiting in government offices this past year, I consider myself somewhat of an expert on the topic.

Anywho, while waiting in line, I noticed a mother of three waiting directly behind me. Actually, it wasn't the mother that I noticed so much - but rather her 3 year old son with a mohawk shaved into his head! "Can you do that?" I thought to myself. It was kinda cute, but.... I don't know. It would seem to me that Mohawks are a self expression of rebellion and individuality. Therefore, I'm thinking that the mom should have given herself the mohawk and stayed with something more traditional for her son.

So I'm opening up this one to a poll. What do you all think? Yes Mohawk? or No Mohawk? Please include your comments as well. This should be fun.


Do you think that parents should give their 1-3 year olds Mohawks?
Yes
Yes, as long as it's not dyed a crazy color
No
NO WAY!!!
I'm undecided
pollcode.com free polls



SmileyCentral.com

5 comments:

The Caruso Clan said...

As far as I'm concerned, it is okay to have a mohawk when you are a kid, but the kid should be able to make the choice and not the parent. By the way, was he also wearing a leather coat, wallet chain and tatoo?

Ryan and Katie said...

His clothes appeared to be normal. He may have had a tatoo underneath his t-shirt. It was too hard tell... :)

I will say that 3 year olds are mischeivious enough. A 3 year old with a mohawk looks downright demonic.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Look at you putting polls in your blog post--how neat!!

I think it's one thing to make a "mohawk" with the hair they have on their head and a totally different thing to actually CUT their hair into a mohawk.

I would NEVER cut Owen's hair into a mohawk, but I do think it's funny to put it in one in the bathtub or when he gets food in his hair during dinner! :-P

Love the I ROCK at the end of your post :O)

Anonymous said...

A mohawk at 1-3 years of age? My kids didn't even have enough hair for a mohawk-just enough thin strands to brush over and maybe cut the ends a little. That wasn't even a possibility in our house.

Valerie said...

Why not? Self expression is a thing of beauty. In our case, my son's mohawk matches his dad's mohawk -- a father and son moment. Too cute!

Viva La Differance!