Saturday, January 12, 2008

Gettin there

Is it just me, or is that countdown clock actually getting somewhere?

We're cruising through the 40's and I'm thinking to myself:

1. We've got about 6 1/2 weeks left until he's off the databank. I almost get excited and then I remember that they originally told us that it would be 6 weeks in between our 2 trips. Holy smokes! This wait has been FOREVER. I know that I've vowed to stay positive during this whole thing, but may I be candid for a second? This wait has really sucked! There. I said it. Now I feel better.

2. This thing is getting real. We're actually going to be adopting Zac soon! Katie and I joke that "he's going to be harder to parent once he comes home". Right now, he just sits there and smiles at us. He never cries. He never fusses. He quietly and politely sits on our wall with a nice frame around him. What a wonderful son he is!

3. I dream about him all the time now. It's about 2 or 3 times a week. Last night, I had another dream but it was very fuzzy. All I remember was that rather than speaking English this time, he was fluently doing sign language. Not just baby signs, but full blown sign language. Once again, I was able to translate it flawlessly. (Just how many languages can I speak in my dreams?)

3 comments:

Chris said...

We waited 18 months from start to finish to adopt our girls, and it seemed like forever at the time. Now we don't even think about the wait. It was so worth it. Once your wait is done, and your son is home, you'll feel the same! Hang in there!

Chris Goeppner said...

Hey Guys,
Once your little guy is out of the databank will you get your court date immediately? I'm hoping so!
-Penny

Ryan and Katie said...

Immediately would be a stretch. We're hoping within a month or so....