Sunday, January 27, 2008

Take a Pillow?

Two things:

1. I'd like to send our prayers to Tricia who is traveling to Russia for her courtdate! Very exciting stuff.

2. I had a thought today. Follow me if you will... I have learned by experience that when I travel, pillows play a very important role during my trips. If I'm at a hotel with lousy pillows, I usually sleep lousy. Conversely, if I have good pillows, I sleep well.

But NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING beats bringing my own pillow. If I have my own pillow, I may as well be sleeping in my own bed. And as we know, after a long trip to.... say.... Russia, sleeping in your own bed feels really really good.

So what about Zac? When we get home and are able to enjoy our pillows, he will be stuck with some lousy OTHER pillow that smells funny. So here's my thought: I am going to try to purchase his pillow from the baby home when we leave. I am a firm believer that EVERYTHING in life is negotiable, and that seems especially true in Russia. Don't you think that will help him at night? To have the ability to close his eyes and feel and smell like he's still "at home" during long lonely nights? Certainly, this will help a tiny bit during his transition, I'm thinking.

But, I'm going to set my price limit at 1,800 Rubles. I have my limits afterall...

NOTE: 1,800 Rubles is approximately $75. For that kind of money, I can get him a Temperpedic Pillow for cryin out loud!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea. I think Zac would like to have his pillow with him -- hope it actually works that you could "donate" to the orphanage in exchange for his pillow. N

Anonymous said...

You do make sure now that you let us know how this goes, cause we are going to be waiting to hear!!!

(I confess to flying to Russia on both trips with MY pillow--given my severe allergies, I about had to . . . couldn't take the risk of getitng a pillow with feathers or molds . . . or . . . it was extremely comforting during our second trip esp. to have that bit of home for the almost 3 weeks we were there.)

Lori said...

Hilarious! let me know if it works out...I am trying to figure out how to smuggle her little hanky that seems to be her security blanket out when we leave:0)praobably a little easier to hide than a pillow!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Be sure to take a replacement pillow just in case they won't accept money (or in case they want both!). Do you know for sure he has a pillow? Owen didn't and still doesn't sleep on one! :)