Monday, January 7, 2008

He speaks English?

I had another wonderful visit from Zac last night. (A dream, that is...)

We were in Russia for what must have been our second trip. In addition to Katie and I, my mother-in-law (Nannie, as we call her) was there with us. Katie and Nannie were off doing something else while I was holding and talking to Zac. At this point, I should have known it was a dream because there is NO WAY that Katie and Nannie would have been "off doing something else".

Anyway, I began to talk to Zac in Russian. Counting to three.

I held up one finger and said: "AH-din"

And he repeted me! "AH-din" he said.

Then I said it in English. "Now say, One"

"One" he said, in a cute little gurgly voice that really didn't sound like his real voice.

Then I held two fingers. "Dva"

And he said "Dva"

"Two!" I said. "Two!" he repeted.

Wow! This kid is really figuring it out!

Then I moved on to three fingers.

"Tdee" I said. "Tdee" he said, with no problems.

Then I said, "Three..... ttttthhhhhhrrrrreeee" Trying to emphasis the TH sound.

At this point, he looked right at me and said. "It really doesn't matter".

"Woah." I thought. "This must be dream."

And it was. Darn it.

2 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Cute dream. It is always nice when our children enter our dreams. I hope you are having a good year and wish you many blessings in 2008!

Anonymous said...

Okay, should I start packing my bags? Of course, spending "Nannie-time" with Hallie and Jake while you are gone will also be so amazingly wonderful. How do I choose? (I know....I don't get to choose. I already have my assignment....but the dream....) Love, Nannie