Tuesday, January 29, 2008

More pictures

Today was a "big adoption day". It started with more pictures from our agency! I tell ya, a person cannot have enough pictures when they've waited 7 months (and counting) to get back for trip #2.

After today's new pix, we now have collected 40 pictures of Zac since AFTER trip #1. In other words, this does NOT count anything that we took during trip #1. I think that may be a world record. Can anyone beat that? 40 pictures? Please let me know, I'm curious.

After thinking about it, Katie and I have finally decided to bite the bullet and post one of the pictures. We've been saying over and over again, that Zac is THE CUTEST kid in Russia. It's time to let the rest of you know what he looks like. Here we go:



Isn't he great? We think so.

Here's the other piece of big news for the day. Our agency mentioned that they think we could be traveling as soon as Mid-March! That's in 6 weeks!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH! Of course, we are cautiously optimistic, but we can't help being really excited too. There is not one fiber in my being that is nervous or hesitant about going to get him. I JUST WANT TO BRING HIM HOME. Period. The end.

11 comments:

Jennifer C said...

the cutest hand I have ever seen!:)
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is very cute.

Nothing wrankles (Is that a word? Is it spelled correctly?) me more than bureacracy making kids stay in these institutions one minute longer than they have to.

This kid is coming home with you. Therefore he should have already been home with you. Sitting and waiting was pointless and cruel.

I cannot wait to see him home.

Godspeed.

yorkiemom said...

I love his little chubby fingers :)

Less than 30 days on the countdown timer - yippee.

Chris said...

Just Beautiful!

And the picture of you and your children looking at Zac's baby book is too!

Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness! Definitely a very, very cute hand!

I have felt your daily counter going frustratingly slowly - I can't begin to imagine how you must all have felt! At one point it looked as if my adoption would stall for 3 months over a change of court venue and I nearly went crackers in the week it took to resolve. My heart has bled for you time and again over the holiday period and I am so, so happy you will soon have your son home where he belongs!

Thank God he will soon be safe in your arms.

Elle said...

You are very very lucky to be getting photos. That is not a normal protocol between trips. We waited 9 months for our first referral, no photos. 4 months for the second and no photos. The only in-between trip photos we got were the ones on the disposable camera we left. So really count your blessings.

Anonymous said...

I want to know your agency, pleaseeee?? (If you will send me an email, I'll give you mine--I know you don't probably want to post it on-line!)

We went six months with NO photos whatsoever inbetween trips, and when we'd ask how our DD was doing, all we would get told is, "She's doing fine--she's excited that you are adopting her". Such richness as you are getting!!!! Appreciate it highly!!!

And oh yes, what a cute little guy! Anyone who has such a cute hand has to be cute on the rest of him too, right?! ;-)

Deb said...

Cutest hand EVER! I've not heard of too many people getting pictures during their wait no matter how long or short it's been. So I think you have a record.

So glad to hear they think you'll be traveling so soon.

Carey and Norman said...

I agree that he is cute! I'm excited to hear that they remain hopeful for a March court hearing! That is good news to hear after a long journey.

I'm excited to hear about your pictures. You are very lucky to receive those during your wait!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Wow, six weeks? I know it won't be here fast enough, but it IS going to be here soon!

Love, Jenni

Sher said...

Isn't it cool that a hand so tiny (and yes I agree with everyone else, very cute)holds such hope for your family!!!