Thursday, March 20, 2008

Dear Zac

Dear Zac,
It's been 9 months since I last got to hold you in my arms. As you will some day find out, we had a "computer glitch" that has resulted in you staying in your orphanage for much longer than was needed. Your mother and I deliberately decided to make the best of this terrible news and have chosen to remain positive. In fact, we even committed to making this a learning experience. We told ourselves that we would focus on the positive part of life no matter what happened. Afterall, we do have so many things to be thankful for.
Nevertheless, I want to make sure you understand how hard this has been. If you someday take the time to read this enitre blog, you may conclude that our wait for you was easy. You may think that life was simply great here and that we never once thought about how unfair it was that you weren't allowed to come home when you were still a 1 year old. You may see pictures and videos of your older brother and sister and wonder why we "forgot" about you for so long.
Zac, waiting for you has been the most difficult, emotional, painful experience in my life. I literally feel sick to my stomach most days. There have been countless sleepless nights. I look at your pictures daily. I pray for your development. I pray for you to come home. I am completely powerless.
Your mother and I will continue to focus on the positive. We will continue with the hope and dream that you will come home soon. But I wanted to make sure that you knew that this has not been an easy journey for us. Our hearts ache for you. We love you so much.
Love, Daddy

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Great post, very moving! Thanks for sharing.

Emily T said...

I'm so glad you wrote this letter for Zac to read and shared it with us. I can only imagine what you all have been through over these last months, but I admire your decision to remain positive. God is good and his timing is impeccable. Maybe one day we'll understand why April 22, 2008. I'm so thrilled that the beginning of Zac's life with his family is near.