Monday, March 17, 2008

Something to Talk About

So, today I am doing laundry and Ryan calls home around 10:45. He says, "Hey, Katie. Donna is on the line." Of course my heart starts beating double time.

It was NOT about our court date, BUT we did get some encouraging news. There are three families with our agency that had to wait for the databank. All of our paperwork was submitted on the same day to Moscow. Today, one of the other 3 families (who have been in our same situation received their courtdate! We're really thinking that this means we're within a few days of getting ours. Afterall, all 3 applications were turned in on the same day.

The other "news" was that UPS failed to deliver our package today to our agency. They said the address was invalid, even though we have sent countless documents to this address. Well, after several phone calls it seems the manager from the UPS Rhode Island branch was going to personally deliver our paperwork. It will still get there today so it can be sent to Moscow ASAP. It is going to be late arriving at the agency but is supposed to get there today. Why is this paperwork so crazy? Anyway, I am thinking Ryan will probably be getting some money back from UPS for this fiasco. (The paperwork was to update documents in our dossier that expire April 11.)

All in all, an exciting day of something.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now this is exciting news!! Something is happening. I want to pack my bags and ... oh yeah, you and Ryan are the ones to pack your bags. Oh well, I'll be traveling with you in spirit as soon as you get your call and court date. Prayers are with you (and the folks inm Russia) for another call with the good news yet this week :). N

G and G said...

So why is it the Grandmas write first! I wonder...Nanny, why don't you and I go too, and leave H and J with the Grandpas? Don't you think that would be WAY more fun? I'm sure 4 people would make Zac's arrival more interesting. Seriously, we are so excited. I hope we hear tomorrow, but just to know things are moving is a blessing. Praise God for his goodness and timing. I know things are totally going to get moving! And we are all looking forward to special time with J and H. I told them we were just going to have a party for 2 weeks. But, trust me, Katie, we will have healthy food at the party. Nannie and I can be good grandmas when we have to. Congrats on even this tidbit of news!

Carey and Norman said...

One step closer which is exciting news. I'm ready to see a court date posted and hear of travel news as I'm sure you are too. Looking forward to hearing good news soon!

A Room to Grow said...

very encouraging news!!! my fingers are crossed for you!

Carrie said...

I hope you guys hear something soon!! I've got my fingers crossed.