Thursday, March 6, 2008

The news keeps coming in

I feel guilty for turning this blog private.  I looked at the number of visitors today and noticed that we had about 1/2 of the normal numbers.  I've tried my best to send out invites, but obviously I've left a few behind.  Like most everybody agreed though, it's just not worth the risk.

Moving on...

We got an email from our agency today confirming that the request letter was received at... (drum roll, please).....  The Databank.  Ah!  The next step will be confirming that the databank sent a letter back to the region.  This was obviously the part that tripped us up last time.  So it will be a huge relief when we get through this part.

ALSO, after careful consideration we have decided to go ahead and post a picture of Zac. Afterall, we've gone private now, right?  We've decided to post a picture that we found particularly interesting when we got the latest batch of pictures last month.

Enjoy!

10 comments:

Happymom4 aka Hope Anne said...

SNICKER!!!!

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

He DOES look very happy!

cm

junglemama said...

Aw, come on! Thanks for inviting me to your blog.

Deb said...

Interesting Pic!!

I've seen some people post on their profile for people to e-mail if they want an invite. That might help you get some people back.

Carey and Norman said...

I completely understand your reasoning for going private. We thought about that too, but then I remembered how helpful it was to us to us to read blogs of those who traveled before us. We might once home as the ones who will continue our story are the ones who we met along our journey in the same or similar place we are in the adoption process.

Thanks for including us as one of your private friends!! We are so excited about Zac being removed from the database. I keep looking for the post which states Court Date Received!

Anonymous said...

Veddy veddy funny!!! But YAY on the letter being received.

Elle said...

Congrats on that step. And thanks for inviting me to follow your journey. I strongly suggest that you DO NOT post photos. Even on a private blog. Please, for the sake of your adoption. It is very illegal in the Russian system to post public photos of a child that is technically not yours. I say this simply because I got nicked for posting photos of the little boy that we lost. Granted, our blog was public, but with this age of access to everyone, it isn't difficult to gain access to a private area of the internet. Now I sound like some crazy stalker lady. I'm not really. Just a mom with a Russian son whose been around the block a time or two in the blogging community.

The photo you posted is cute! I did a similar thing and posted one of a pickle jar when we came home from our 2nd (1st) trip.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

HA! Which one is he? :)

Tiger & Kar said...

Hey there! Great photo - I love it! As much as I would love to see pics. of your son, I can understand being cautious about posting too much info here. You guys have been through so much as it is. Probably best to err on the side of caution - unfortunately.

Thanks again for inviting me to your blog. You have no idea how much it has helped us keep perspective in our own journey!
Kar & Norm

Suz said...

I finally made my way over, thanks for inviting me!

I'll look forward to seeing the cutie pie when the day comes!!