Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Poop Story

Last night, I gave Katie a much deserved "night off", so it was just me and the kids. Things went very well through dinner so I thought I'd take everyone out for a treat: Dairy Queen.

Zac's first Dairy Queen. I thought he'd like it.

And he did! All 4 of us split a Hot Fudge Sundae. Zac had his fair share, but nothing out of the norm. He really seems to like ice cream and chocolate. (who doesn't?)

But this is not the point of the story. I'm merely building the scene.

At bath time, I thought it very odd that Zac wanted to get out of the tub so soon. (A mere 10 minutes). Unfortunately, I didn't ponder the situation long enough as I was quickly consumed by my 2 other naked kids wanting to get out of the tub. The next thing I knew, Zac was making a strange grunting noise from inside Jake's room. I glanced in the room just in time to see a poo emerging from Zac's naked rear end! AAAHHHHH! My fatherly instincts took over and without even thinking about it, I made a "Jerry Rice diving catch" and literlly caught the "log" just in the nick of time.

At this point, I scooped up Zac with my free hand (as my other hand was.... well.... let's just say it was full) and we ran to the bathroom. Eventually, I got him wiped up and it seemed that things were back under control. I started working on the other two children who were still naked at this point. I glanced over at Zac who was now on the rocking chair at the end of the hallway and what did my eyes see? Another log!!! AAHHHHH!!!!!!!! He wasn't finished!

What was I thinking? Why didn't I put a pull-up on him the first time? I have 3 children! I should know better!

This time the poo managed to smear a bit more so the clean up efforts were a bit more cumbersome. Nevertheless we prevailed.

And I was smart enough to immediately put the pull-up on him this time. Thank goodness I did, because believe it or not, he shot out one more round within another minute or so.

I'm thinking that we'll hold off on ice cream next time...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahahahaha! That totally made my day. (Sorry, Ryan...) lol!

Look at the bright side though - at least you went for ice cream instead of the karate place again. hahahaha.

Anonymous said...

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT--YOU win the DAD OF THE YEAR AWARD!!!!

Carey and Norman said...

This was a hilarious post. I can just see the playback on this one. I belly laughed at the Jerry Rice comparison and am glad I'm not the only parent that doesn't catch an initial warning that there is more to come.

Great post...thanks for sharing!

G and G said...

Some of the best stories from you seem to involve the backsides of your sons! After being around your nephews for several days these "boy sounds" are getting quite commonplace. Thanks for giving your wife a break. She has been an angel and inspiration to all of us!

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

I can't believe you told this story on your blog but I am so glad you did! I needed a laugh. That is priceless.