Monday, January 22, 2007

Another Step

Well, we were able to move forward through one more step today: The Psychologist's report. Basically, we need something that shows we are "of sound mind" and "suitable" to adopt.

Apparently, this can be done in less than an hour. (Clearly, there is not enough in my mind to merit more time).

I must admit that I always thought I was a pretty good person until today. We were going along fine:
"Do you like your job?" Yes.
"Do you like your family?" Yes.
"Have you ever done drugs? No.

But then he asked:

"How old were you when you first drank alcohol?" uhh..... uhhh.... I think dad may have let me take some drinks of his Budweiser when I was like 4 or 5..... Is that a bad thing?

"Do you gamble? .... Such as powerball?" uhhh... uhhh... I'm in an office pool that buys powerball tickets.

So how often to you do that? uhhh.... uhhhh..... Twice a week.

Suddenly, I found myself trying to defend the fact that I'm not an alcoholic gambler.

Nevertheless, after what seemed like a long interrogation, I was told that I am indeed "suitable" to adopt. So I guess I'll take my signed report and run.

Now, if I could just get my police clearance...

No comments: